Thursday, January 19, 2012

tHop - Resident Evil's 6 and Retribution

Photobucket


     

First up we have the ever failing Resident Evil movie franchise. What this trailer does right is give me a reason to go and see this movie. Why, in the name of fuck, is Rain alive? She was DEAD. Quite so, in fact. In Resident Evil, she was zombified and killed by a headshot. No coming back from that, boyo. Oh, and I think we just saw all the action scenes this movie has to offer, if we can relate this to Afterlife's trailer and movie. Though I am definitely hoping this is not the case.
Also, I first went to another tab waiting for the ad to pass but it wasn't an ad ... it was the trailer. Fuck.


Next up we have Resident Evil 6, the next installment in the game franchise. Yeah, color me intrigued. A return to the city is what is making the most giddy about this game. That, and the ability to play as both Leon and Chris. Well, Leon mostly, the true main character of the Resident Evil franchise. He's a bad enough bro to go save the president's daughter, after all. 
And what's most fun here is that it seems to be fully embracing the fact that it's an action game, with horror elements mixed in it. No more of this survival-action game bullshit. Or at least, that's what I'm hoping. 

I AM HYPE for this game. I really am. Hell, I might even buy it. Also, the fact that this trailer is better than Resident Evil Extinction and Afterlife as a whole is kind of amusing to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment