Monday, September 13, 2010

PJ's Ruby Nuzlocke Run #2

Chronicles of Nuzlocke
Chapter Two

So, what exactly is a Nuzlocke run? Well, at one point there was a guy who decided to lay down some rules for his next run of Pokémon Ruby. These rules were the following:

1) If a pokémon faints, consider it dead and release it as fast as possible.
2) You can only catch the first pokémon you encounted on each route/cave/sea/river/… If you don’t catch it, tough shit.
3) Nickname all pokémon.

After that he decided to document these travels and put them in a comic, in which there was a pokémon he gave the face of Locke, from LOST. Enter NuzleafLocke, AKA Nuzlocke.

A lot of people over at Screwattack have been doing this and it has inspired me to do the same. As you may have guessed by now, I’m using Pokémon Ruby and I’m going with a male character named Dastan.
Now, I’m not going to writing this entire thing like I am Dastan. And I do realize that it’s Professor Burke, and not Professor Elm. But in the end, what’s the fucking difference?
With that said, let’s carry on where I left the game.

Quickly I found myself engaged in battle because I wanted to level up FRANK WEST so I wouldn’t get creamed by that cheating bitch that has the pokémon FRANK is weakest against. When I saw that FRANK WEST was nearing 0 HP at one point, I literally shat myself. Luckily I had picked up that potion from the computer at Dastan’s home, otherwise I would have had to restart!
Anyways, I make my way onwards, coming across Sherlock D’Ohlmes there DRAWING FOOTSTEPS OF A BRAND NEW POKEMON. Then I fight Oak’s daughter May, slapping her mudkip across the room and back, sighing of relief that I was still in the game!
I go back home, get the pokédex from the world famous professor who needs me to fill out the pokédex for him even though he is supposed to be a fucking expert, get some balls, get the running shoes from Mom and head on out in to the world!

Pick up a Poochyena on that first route and named it Alyx, after that chick from Half Life 2. Beyond Oldale Town, where I battled May, I picked up another Poochyena and I called it Darkman, after the character from that classic movie by Sam Raimi. After storing Alyx in the computer, I went in the first area of the next route to catch myself a Zigzagoon which I named C. Walken.
With the team in place I started training my balls off to get these three up to snuff. I seriously don’t want to lose any of them. Unfortunately, I kept on getting hit with crits and I almost lost em at some points. My awesome skills however prevented this from happening.

So, here I am, about to head in to the first route with trainers. Help.

No comments:

Post a Comment