Friday, August 13, 2010

gtHop - Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Hey guys. Welcome to yet another installment of tHop, where I review and discuss a trailer. The trailers I usually go for are movie trailers, and therefore these tend to come very frequently. Sometimes way too frequently. Therefore I don’t upload these to Teh Pwn Shop. Now, it’s time for a change. Now and then I’ll throw in a special little trailer. A Game trailer. These will only be about really good games or really promising games. Special games that promise to be pinnacles of gaming. I’ll be uploading these to TPS because these will only come now and then. For my movie tHops, I refer you to here. At any rate, please enjoy the gtHop of Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-10-deus-ex/702811

First things first. This is not a gameplay trailer. Agreed, the title only said that it was a gameplay REVEAL trailer, but that doesn’t excuse the fact that the only thing revealed is that the game has gameplay. Big fucking whoop. Now we know it’s not Metal Gear Solid 4. But then what? Well, from what little gameplay we did see, I can say that the game is in first person when it comes to gunplay and that for the rest it is in third person. There’s also stealth gameplay, conversations, stealth kills, abilities and … I don’t know. This would have been a lot more effective if they at least showed longer parts of the gameplay.

What else is there to discuss then? The game itself, I guess. Well, the color scheme is the first thing that comes to mind. Instead of shit brown and puke green, we get this sepia toned world with little to no primary colors. The graphics on the other hand are a lot more impressive than the colors they chose to use. They are really, really good. Not to realistic to be overdoing it. Just game-y enough, in my eyes. The voice acting seen in this trailer seems to be top notch. Nothing to say about that other than: if this quality is kept up, pin a medal on your chest.

One thing to note is that the first comment I saw on the page at the URL above was: Please be good. Which is the feeling that this trailer has given me. It only gave us promises. Maybe a little developer walkthrough would be nice. But until then, all I can say is: Please be good.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Publisher: Square-Enix
Developer: Eidos Interactive
Release date: February 28 2011
Platforms: PC, PS3, 360

Trailer rating: 7/10
How hyped am I rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment