Monday, October 10, 2011

UPDATE: Hitman - 'Run for your life' trailer + Gameplay video

Photobucket

As you may, or may not, know from one of my earlier Reviews, I particularly dislike the Hitman series. Whilst at the same time I eagerly anticipate the following installments in the hope that maybe, just maybe, they fixed their game. And once again I find myself hoping, as IO has just now released a trailer, supposedly containing actual gameplay footage, or at the very least has CGI portraying how gameplay will be like.
"In a press release forwarded this morning, IO also announced that Hitman Absolution will use Glacier 2, a new engine from IO, and that the game will be "familiar and yet significantly different experience from other Hitman Games," according to Tore Blystad, the game's director."

From the looks of the trailer seen above, I got the distinct impression that the game is emulating such games like Splinter Cell: Conviction. It keeps such staples like the weapons and the taking on of disguises, but it sets it in an environment similar to SC and even Batman: Arkham Asylum. 
I, for one, can only applaud that they are taking this route. From earlier installments, we can gather that games haven't yet reached the point where such complicated scenarios can be played out without glitches and faulty programming. 

I'll bite. But ... IO, you better not be messing with me!

Edit:

Machinima has released an 16 minute gameplay video of Hitman: Absolution, showcasing that the game is indeed Splinter Cell: Conviction 2. Which, to be honest, isn't exactly a bad thing. Though, it does look a bit scripted.


No comments:

Post a Comment