Sunday, July 17, 2011

Wait, it's been how long?

Photobucket

Life can be kinda crazy, can't it? One moment you're admiring your latest piece of work and the next you're wondering where time has gone, since your latest piece of work was a long while ago. A lot has happened in that short time that I haven't written a single thing, and I was left wondering what I've been doing to forget writing content! A lot...

Firstly, there's a new addition to the family that's been keeping me rather busy. Namely, a cat. Named her Lara. It's more of a personal thing, really. I remember back in the good ol' days when I was but a whee lad and I was playing Tomb Raider on my playstation. Well, Tomb Raider II as it was the first game I got for it. The person that recomended me this game was my uncle. And, with him and my mother, we tackled the game together from beginning to end. And, also Tomb Raider III and IV. Now it was my uncle that brought this little black cat to our doorstep, so it seemed appropriate. Thank the gods the cat's a girl. 

Anyways, there's also been a lot of other things that have kept me busy like, you know, life. There's been plenty of things happening in the real world here, like a braderie, it's a festival where all the shops put out stalls and there's also a lot of activities for kids and adults alike. And it's a few days sort of thing. There was also an evening market that had me knocked out for a few days. (My weight + Moving slow as fuck for 4 hours kind of does the trick) Next up was a parade and the World Festival of Folklore! Lots and lots of stuff, as you can see. Haven't even touched some of the more, personal things.

Doesn't mean that I've been doing nothing content-wise, though. Not at all. You see, I've been writing a novel. For years now. And, the reason why I haven't been writing other things much is because I was way too wrapped up in finding a decent setting and a decent way of writing. Over the years I've deleted as many pages as I've written, and it's really getting to me. I want to see it finished, damn it! 

So, one day you wake up and head on over to your site. You log in, check the feed to see if there was a comment and notice that you've written diddly-squat for a long time. And then you look ahead in to your future and realize that the time is coming that you are going to have even less time on your hands. After sitting there in silence, you suck it up and move on, hoping that one day you'll get off your lazy ass and do something. You can only hope that once you're off your lazy ass, it isn't already too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment